Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Pontefract, West Yorkshire (WF9)
- Interpret design packs and produce 3D models and 2D drawings within defined scope and timescale.
- Ensure that the areas of works are completed in accordance with contract specifications.
- Plan, perform, monitor and report on assigned tasks and deliverables.
- Assist engineering team in determining required strategy of project tasks.
- Provide updates to team leads on tasks assigned.
- Participate in cost reduction.
- HNC Mechanical Engineering (or other Engineering discipline).
- Solidworks and AutoCAD certified user or professional.
- Ideally you will have previous experience gained within the industry or similar industries i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Fabrication, O&G, Energy and Power Generation.
- In an industrial or manufacturing company within a similar role.
- Working on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Working with different material / component selection.
- Working with multifunction teams.
- Using Solidworks sheet metal module would be an advantage.
- The use of Solidworks utilising parts and parametric modelling.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Works well as a team player or on own initiative.
- Flexible approach to working, willingness to accept changing priorities.
- Good commercial acumen & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in an organised manner.
- Computer literate and able to use a wide range of software packages.
Do you have the skills and experience to fill this role?